Also in the territory of Germignaga there’s a section of the warlike defense’s majestic work called “Cadorna Line”,
denomination with which we can identify the fortification system built along the Italian-swiss border between the 1915
summer and the 1918 spring, when, scared by the possibility that the Austro-German troops could quickly reach and occupy
industrial and economical nerve centers of North Italy crossing the Swiss Central Alps.
The building of this line, know as “defensive line of the north border”, was a consequence of fifty years of studies,
reconnaissances, geomorphological investigations, clever planning, technological researches.